POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Feature suggestion -- Wireframes : Feature suggestion -- Wireframes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Feature suggestion -- Wireframes
From: Steve Martin
Date: 27 Dec 1999 08:19:58
Message: <38676743.40549E0C@usit.net>
When generating animations, it's extremely helpful to be able
to render a very fast, very low-quality version of the images
to check for object motion and the like. I know thatPOV-Ray
has the Q switch to lower quality by removing expensive
calculations, but I'd like to see a mode where it just
renders wireframes of the objects involved. This would probably
be even faster and would serve the purpose. Perhaps the +Q0
setting (which is already a duplicate of +Q1) could be re-
defined to turn on wireframe display.

If this is not already under consideration for the next version
of POV-Ray, I'd like to suggest that it be considered for
inclusion in the next version. Thanks.